Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Ask and it is Given" Process Seven & Eight

For the last week are so, I’ve been familiarizing myself with the 22 processes that are listed in Jerry and Esther Hicks book “Ask and It Is Given.” Yesterday, I studied process seven and eight.

Number seven is about evaluating dreams. I’ve always been incredibly fascinated by dreams, but I’ve never been particularly good at deciphering their meaning. There are a couple of interesting suggestions in this process number seven. One, is that it’s important to pay attention how you feel in a dream. Something that I’ve never thought about before which is mentioned in this process is that a dream never has more than one feeling. Interesting. There may be multiple people and situations but the feeling is the same throughout. I haven’t yet put this to the test, but I shall be paying close attention to whether not this I find this to be true. Nearly every morning I seem to recall parts of dreams I’ve had the previous night. I’ve always been very curious about why they seemed to fade away so quickly upon waking. I shall be paying much closer attention to the emotional feeling, rather than the particulars of this situation as its occurring.

Process number eight is called “The Book of Positive Aspects.” This is a process that also sounds quite interesting. It’s rather simple really, you take a little notebook and on the cover you write “My Book of Positive Aspects.” It says that you should use about twenty minutes to do this exercise.

You start by simply opening to the first page, and at the top write a brief description of something or someone that you always feel good about. Then you simply ask yourself a series of questions such as, “What do I like about you?” “Why do I love you so much?” etc. And as you ask yourself this series of questions, you let the answers come to you and you write them down as the ideas and thoughts flow.

I think this sounds like a fun little idea, though I’m not quite sure this will be one of the processes that I find most valuable for me. I do think it would be an interesting little exercise however, I may try is just for fun.

No comments: