Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Ask and it is Given"


I’m currently reading the second half of Jerry and Esther Hicks book called “Ask and it is Given. Learning to Manifest your Desire.”

I first heard about this book from
Dr. Wayne Dyer. I believe he mentioned it in his latest book about inspiration and know that I've also I heard him speak about it on several occasions on his radio program on Hay House Radio. It sounded like an intriguing title and since I have a great respect for Dr. Dyer I thought it would be worth buying a copy to have a look for myself.

The first half of the book is a description of how intention works in the universe. As I was reading the book, these ideas resonated quite deeply with me and I could hardly get myself to put it down. The second half of the book which I have just begun is a description of 22 processes for actually moving your emotional “set-point” to higher levels. I’ve read several of the descriptions of these processes and it’s interesting that I find myself naturally and instinctively using some of these methods, without having never really thought much about them. The way this book describes these processes seems to be so very logical – they just seem to make sense. I’m going to make a point to familiarize myself with all 22 and throughout the day be able to call upon them as necessary. I think it’s a fantastic way to analyze and process exactly where your emotional “set-point” happens to be, and how to intentionally change it to another level.

This book is quite a fascinating read and has inspired me to seek out some of the other writings of this husband and wife team.

No comments: